Pages

2015-01-20

I AM KLOOT - time for listening and wondering

   / Indie-Pop, UK          (posted in Danish 2011 Nov. 2nd)



I am Kloot is an exciting band that emerged in 1999 in Manchester. They have a light and calm sound, relaxed rhythm and a blue / thoughtful mood. Think of it as Chill-Out with lyrics, which has a message and should be heard. You get a feeling like you're driving with 130 km/h, down through the fall in a car that doesn't make a sound.







Here's a number from their super cool CD Gods & Monsters ( 2006): Over My Shoulder.


About the name Kloot: In Dutch it's slang for a testicle, but the band's name comes from the film Klute, where a whore assists a detective, in the search for a missing man. 






The video above is taken from their debut album Natural History, a track named Morning Rain.

I Am Kloot consists of: 

- John Bramwell (lead singer, songwriter, guitarist) 

- Peter Jobson (bass, slide guitar, piano, organ, vocals) 

- Andy Hargreaves (drums, percussion, glockenspiel) 



They released 7 albums until now.



M U S I C Click: 

From album Sky at Night (2010): Northern Skies 

I Am Kloot's website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment