Pages

2015-03-12

DRAKE: Thank Me Later

   / Hip-Hop, RnB, Canada          (Posted in Danish, 2011 December 10th)



Here is Drake. A Canadian Hip-Hop / RnB artist (and actor) who has no self-esteem problems. Understood in the positive way - he usually does not need to be the toughest, most dangerous, smartest, strongest, smartest, best, ugliest or biggest man in town. It's super-cool to hear a stack of texts showing a cool dude, who have not mastered everything and can not kill us or shag anything with breasts :)

Below: the video Over - with aphorisms about life and sudden fame (unfortunately in the nice, censored version) ...






The lyrics on this album concerns troublesome relationships, Drakes parents' divorce, if he'll change negatively due to his speedy career and if "real" hip hop fans think he is a product. As he raps about his life:



While all my closest friends 'out partyin'
I'm just here makin 'the music that they party to.



Thank Me Later is Drake's debut album. It was released in June 2010 and was a much awaited album after he in 2009 released his third mixtape So Far Gone. And released the debut EP of the same name and became a "hot name". He received two Grammy nominations, 1 hit single Best I Ever Had (found on the album on streaming), and the major record companies in competition outdid each other to sign a contract. Universal Motown won - the company that has, among other things Jay-Z and Kayne West! The album reached first place on five of the world's major music charts.






Above: the video Best I Ever Had, that despite the funny story of a women's basketball is about something completely different, a special love affair with a woman. The text is very interesting and full of ambiguities ... see the "translation" of the text on Rap Genious, linked in MUSICClick.



In 2011, Drake released the album Take Care , a good and a little different album. Below: the video Take Care, featuring Rihanna. Again, his lyrics is worth noting, as he raps:



It's my birthday, I get high if I want to
Can't deny that I want you, but I lie if have too



The song is about a relationship, while having rhyme / references to the old hit (first published by Helen Shapiro, but later re-recorded by many other artists) where they sing:



It's My Party and I'll cry if I want to,
cry if I want to, cry if I want to



Drake is just more interesting than the average rapper's lyrics :-)






EDIT: Drake has released three studio albums, the fourth album was scheduled for release in 2015 and named Views From The 6 but instead he released a mixtape called If You're Reading This It's To Late, to be found on iTunes and Spotify. Still it is seen as his fourth album, there are several of the 17 tracks that says something with 6 and on the front of the "cover" the figure 6 is seen below the text.



M U S I C Click:

Rap Genious, Best I Ever Had:

Drake on Wikipedia:

Drakes website:

No comments:

Post a Comment